Sunday, May 6, 2012

Some Random Facts about Me

In trying to do my personal journal writing, I've been trying to blog about my self once a week.  Sometimes I enlist the help of my kids in selecting the topic.  Today I had Tess randomly pick from the list of journal prompts I had.  She choose "list 20 random facts about your self". As I thought about it, I rememberd doing something similar on Facebook a few years ago so I looked it up.  Since not much has changed, Im going to use that Facebook post and add a few things at the end. 

From Facebook a couple years ago:
1. I better first say that I am a TERRIBLE speller. I don't think this thing has spell check so be prepared.
2. I am the oldest child of four children and the only girl.
3. I never wanted to have a sister growing up, but really wish I had one now.
4. I have the worst feet. Huge (size 10) and flat with long toes that spread apart when I am standing (I receintly found out that my Aunt Gay has the same toes)
5. Jordan and I ,well mostly just I, have a "list" of celebrity crushes. Number one on mine has been Justin Timberlake for years. The others change often.
6. Its important to me that Maddox is a gentleman when he grows up (like his dad). He already holds the door open for his sisters and me. I can't believe how many times the man going in the door before me doesn't hold it open. Jordan would never do that and neither would my dad.
7. I wish I could sing like a disney princess. I seriously sing in my best voice everytime I am driving in my car in my kitchen and of course in my shower.
8. I used to pee my pants all the time in highschool and freshman year of college. Always with at least one other friend.
9. When I first got an email account, I tried to have my address be Justintimberlake@hotmail.com- sadly it was taken
10. When I am pregnant I always have an eppisode that starts out laughing which progresses into crying then finally to hyperventilating.
11. I feel skinnier and prettier when I am wearing high heals. I don't wear them often enough
12. I found 3 grey hairs a few weeks ago, but promptly pulled them out.
13. I love love love trashy teenager shows on the WB. I DVR gossip girl, 90210 and privliged.
14. I have very fun and kind friends. And they are all serilusly BEAUTIFUl
15. I can still remember my whole dialoge I had to memorize my first month of spanish in 7th grade, but nothing else.
16. I love that I lived in Virginia for 4 years.
17. I am very protective of Utah. I can get a little feisty and deffensive when someone puts it down (like all of my inlaws) However, I used to be much worse.
18. I don't get B.O. I don't even own deoderant.
19. I love treats. Jordan calles me the treat villian. I don't really love cake, but everything else.
20. Things that should embarass me don't and dumb things do.
21. I WILL NOT allow my girls to play certian sports (maybe if they beg) I WILL let them play tennis, volleyball or soccer.
22. I think every girl should take dance at least for a little while. I think it helps so much with coordination.
23. I rarely comment in church. sometimes I do have comments, I am just content to let others talk most of the time. I wish I commented more.
24. I think I am a very nice person
25. I have never had a "real" job. I had Ellie 2 months after graduating from college
*Jordan thought I left out one very important one so I am going to have 26.
26. As a child, I hung out with the Batemen's . As in Jason and Justine.

UPDATE:
-Justin Timberlake is still on my "list", also on the list right now is Ryan Reynolds
-I have a few more than 3 gray hairs now. I no longer pull them out, but I am deffinately having them colored next time I get my hair done. 
-Of the shows I listed above, I still watch Gossip Girl, and a few different ones like Heart of Dixie
-I still don't really comment in church.  except in Young Womens.  In sunday school and relief society I guess I figure I don't have anything to say that people don't already know.
-Although tennis, soccer, and volleyball are my favorite sports for girls, I be a little less discouraging if my girls wanted to play a sport on my black list.  
- I love to water ski, snow ski, hike, rock climb and bike, which, technically, are sports but for some reason I left them off of the list of acceptable sports.  Just to be clear, they are acceptable and even encouraged. Running should also be on this list.
-There is no mention of reading on the above list. its True that there have been periods of my life where few books were read, but I do love to read.
-I work hard, but there are times when I get overwhelmed and instead of working hard to get through what ever it is I need to do, I shut down, procrastinate and do a mediocre job in the end. 
-I hate that about myself.
-I love to sleep, but don't do it enough
-I love to exercise, but don't do it enough
-I get told "you look just like                     " a lot.  Usually its flattering. Once, in highschool, it was Riki Lake (before she lost weight). That wasn't very flattering.
-I am more attracted to Jordan now than when we got married. I mean that in the nicest way
-I LOVE being a mom
-I wish I was better at it.
-Im working on it.
-Im TERRIBLE at the game scramble with friends. I've only won one time
-I wish I was smarter, but most the time think I know everything
- I am really picky about perfume and have a hard time finding ones I like.  Escada comes through for me most often. right now Im wearing one from ZARA.
-I get my hair cut from non gay, male, muslim, stylist from Guyana.  thats pretty random.

Aparently I like writing Random facts about my self. I'm forcing myself to stop right now.  The list ended up with slightly more than 20 facts;)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is this the Spanish dialogue because I've never been able to forget this one:

Te gusta jugar al futbol?
No, no me gusta.
Te gust jugar al tenis?
No, no me gusta?
Te gusta jugar al aljedrez?
No, no me gusta?
Que te gusta entonces?
Me gusta comer!

Denton Romans said...

I just want to say that I am honored that I was able to witness your very first laughing to crying pregnancy episode.

And I want to apologize for anything anti-Utah I have ever said. I'm hoping I never actually said it *to* you, but I've said plenty of things about it and wish I hadn't.