Friday, May 11, 2012

Here comes a big, stinky kiss...


I couldn't think of a better title for my first post, which has a story behind it, as well as the overall theme to my entrance into the blog-o-sphere. 

As for the story, every morning before I leave I like to give Melissa a kiss. A good kiss. This is just in case I die on the way to work, the last thing she will remember about me is how I rocked her world in that kiss goodbye. Anyway, this kiss happens after I have showered, shaved and brushed my teeth, groomed to perfection and smelling of success and hope. Not so much for Liss. At these moments in time, she hasn't typically embraced the morning. Or a toothbrush. But I am smitten, and love knows no bounds (well, at least it ignores some). So I try to kiss her but all I get in return is a closed-mouth, tight-lipped, awkward pseudo-kiss. It's weird and unsatisfying (vaguely reminiscent of our first kiss, according to...not me). So a couple days ago I said "Nay. I shan't leave on this note. Kiss me like an Aerosmith song." (author's note: this is a slightly, though not significantly, embellished retelling; see also Armageddon). So Melissa says, "OK, here comes a big, stinky kiss." And it was just the way I like it: passionate and meaningful, with just a hint of something that makes your eyes water. And thus the title was born.

As for my appearance on the scene, I can't promise that what I may post in the future is not just one big, stinky kiss. Your welcome.

1 comments:

Annie said...

Oh boy I think i tasted that kiss in my mouth. Yuk, but at the same time I am so glad you stuck around after the tight lip first kiss because a guy kissed me like that at winter ball once and he was dead to me after so good job. Also, hmmm I'm not sure what to think about you jumping in the blogging world...