Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A couple of reasons why I love my beautiful wife


First of all, she’ll probably be embarrassed by this collage of pictures. Oh well. How else do I show off both her stunning good looks and her fun-loving personality? Exactly. There is no other way.

I recently re-read her post about her “random facts” and I realized just how much I love who Melissa is. One of the things that I think is amazing about her is that she is not afraid to give the bad with the good. She is willing to share her challenges and faults and fears along with her successes. That inspires me. Sometimes I’m too afraid to share mine because I do not want to let her down or have her think I am less than I am (or want to be). But she puts it out there, and I love and respect her more for it. I think she is incredible. And in response to her random facts, here are a few of my thoughts:

1     1. I love that she is a terrible speller, but I love more that
         she can laugh about it.
      2. She slams the cabinets really loudly. I don’t know why.
      3. I like it when she wears high heels too. It’s my fault she
         doesn’t wear them more often. I think she does it to be nice
         because heels make her taller than me. I’m cool with it most
         of the time, but I’m working on growing taller so she can  
         wear them all the time.
      4. Her embarrassed smile is probably my favorite smile. It’s 
         huge and beautiful.
      5. I like that Justin Timberlake is on her “list” because I’m
         pretty sure we would be friends if given the chance. So he 
         can stay on the “list”.
      6. It’s true that she doesn’t get B.O. It’s an  
         unexplained phenomenon. I have put my nose in there after 
         a serious workout and it smells like roses. Well, maybe not
         roses, but it don’t stink.
      7. I often find her reading her scriptures or the Ensign. It’s a
         little intimidating.
8     8. I’m jealous of her gray hairs. I would gladly trade her for
         them.
      9. It cracks me up when Melissa reads, because she’s so 
         engrossed she would read while the house was burning. I like
         that kind of dedication.
     10.  She is a good mom and a good wife and a good friend and a 
         good person. She sometimes gets down on herself or 
         overwhelmed, but it’s because she often does what it 
         would take five to do. She rarely says no when someone needs
         help, and she goes out of her way to do kind things 
         for others. Sometimes I give her a hard time for spending too
         much time or money (mostly money), but I would really be sad 
         if she wasn’t like that.
     11.  Speaking of money, she also rarely knows that total for 
         whatever she just bought. I mean, even if the card has just
         been swiped and she’s signing the receipt, I can ask her the
         total and she is hard-pressed to give it to me. Another
         unexplained phenomenon.
     12. She does love to sleep.
     13.  She is more attractive to me now than she was when we 
         met. And I was REALLY attracted to her then.
     14.  Sometimes I wish she could see herself as I see her. 
         She would be less self-conscious and more self-confident. She
         does so many things well, but she always adds an apology or a
         deprecating remark. Anyone who has seen her photographs 
         or her cakes & parties or her decorating knows that 
         no apology is necessary.
1    15.  I like that she asks me to take her to the temple. But I hate
         that she has to ask.
1    16.  And I like that we can argue and still be friends. 
         Even though she won’t ever let me win.

I really feel like I could go on and on, but I will stop here for now. Melissa Ann Romans, I love everything about you.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Yes I love being the one and only comment. That was cute Jordan. I wanted to say "Awww" but I hate when people say that and especially type that so I guess I didn't want to say that. Anyway, I never know the price of anything. Josh asked me one time how much milk was and I had no clue. I am now better since I am actually on a budget now. You need to get the self closing cupboards. It would save your ears. I love when she wears heals too. She is an incredible person. Thanks for telling me different reasons than my own list of why.

Katie said...

So fun to read!

Melissa said...

Oh My Gosh. that was embarassing, not so much what he wrote, that was really nice. but those pictures!!! I love you babe!