Thursday, May 31, 2012

Playing ball with Maddog

Last Monday Maddox and I went out in the backyard to play catch. Just two dudes, shirts off, muscles glistening in the heat, enjoying America's favorite pastime. It was my highlight of the day. That kid has a cannon! We worked on grounders, fly balls and line drives, and Maddog was all over it. He can seriously throw the ball and though I am trying hard not to read too much into it, I think we have a professional baseball player or NFL quarterback in the making. For real. He caught 45 balls, which is a new record, and 7 of those were consecutive, which is also a new record. We played for about an hour, but I could have stayed out there all day. I was having a proud father moment and a great time. I love that kid.

0 comments: