After reading the assigned scriptures for this value experience, I concluded that I have the prayer part down pretty well. Jordan and I have talked to our kids many times about how they need to turn to the Lord for answers to their questions. The Brother of Jared is a perfect example of what to do. When you need an answer to a prayer, you are first supposed to study it out in your own mind then take it to the Lord. He's not going to do all the work for us. I think we learn better this way. I also concluded that I need to turn to the scriptures more for help. In 2 Nephi 32:3 it says "Feast upon the words of Christ; for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." The words of Christ are the scriptures. I don't use my scriptures as I should. I try to read them everyday because we have been told to. I know they are true, but I don't turn to them to find answers to my questions. I have had questions answered from them, but it was more by accident (or mercy) not because I was seeking an answer. I need to repent of this. How can I not take advantage of this book I have with all the answers in it?! I'm like the people with Moses who didn't turn to look at the staff to be healed! Jordan and I have some things we need answers to. I am going to use my scriptures (and prayer) to find out what we should do.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I needed this reminder too. thanks
Post a Comment