Friday, March 30, 2012
Its an Art Party
Tess wanted to have a party that boys and girls would like. Most of her friends are boys. She really only plays with 2 girls. So I suggested an art party and she was exited. We painted outside, sculpted, did chalk drawings ate rainbow cake and had a pinata (Tess had never had one and really wanted to try it). The party was a sucess! The cake was delicious!! I tried a new cake recipe and a new icing recipe. It was best on day 3 of being in the fridge.
I can't believe Tess is 4. She is my little side kick. We spend a lot of time with just each other. She is a stinker and an angel.
Here are a couple stories that represent what she is like right now:
One day a couple weeks ago, I picked out her clothes, an outfit that I know she doesn't really like, but I love it and she hadn't worn it for a long time. We were in a hurry to get to school so there wasn't time to negotiate. She started to have a tantrum immediately. After a short time out, she calmed down and seemed fine. While I was doing her hair she said she didn't want to go to school. It seemed unrelated to the outfit so I thought it was because I was going out of town the next day. I told her we had to go turn in her permission slip for her field trip, but if she still didn't want to go when once we were there, she could come home with me. I thought for sure once she saw her friends and teacher she would want to stay. Well, she didn't. After at least 5 minutes of trying to convince her to stay, we left. Once we were almost to the elementary, school where I make copies for the other kids teachers, I asked her why she didn't want to stay at school. She shyly said "because I didn't want them to see me in this outfit". WHAT? She is too young to be starting this crazyness. I understand having an opinion about what she wants to wear, but caring so much what other people think? that seems crazy.
I mentioned earlier that Tess mostly plays with boys. I didn't mention that they all think she's their girlfriend and that they are going to marry her. I've recieved many entertaining phone calls about things these boys tell their family. Joey told his mom that he was going to marry Tess, but he wasn't sure how he was going to dance with her when she was in her princess dress. He made his mom practice dancing with him. Brody's dad was asking him about school and then teasing said "how's your girlfriend?" Brody replied "Tess doesn't go to my school". One day when Joey was at Mason's house, they were arguing about who got to be Tess's boyfriend. They decided they both could for now. Tess wants to marry Grady. they are in the same school class and are inseprable. They hold hands, and kiss on the cheek and always play together. I have to say that Tess has good taste in boys already. all these boys are super cute! (ps. im NOT encouraging all this marriage and boyfriend talk- seriously)
Tess loves to tell people how pretty and handsome they are. And not just people we know. AND not everyone she tells is actually pretty or handsome- maybe she can see how people are on the inside. She once told the walmart greeter he was handsome and he seriously lit up. I think she made his day.
She is similar to Ellie in the fact that she like to wow primary leaders with her singing and memorizing ability. She loved memorizing her article of faith to say in front of the primary. She is always singing something. Primary songs or anything she hears on the radio. She memorizes songs fast. I had to start being more selective of the music I listen to so my little girl wasn't singing inappropriate songs.
Tess loves make-up and does not love her tumbling class. So I bribe her to go to class by letting her wear lipstick and blush. She likes to tumble at home, but the first day of class was a little traumatizing for her. She's so type A and she didn't like not being able to do all the tricks well. She was embarassed and started to cry, but not in a bratty way. it was so sad. She has made lots of progress (no one in the class can do the tricks well yet) but still doesn't get very excited to go.
She loves to draw and write letters. She's getting really good. I love the flower pictures she draws and her handwriting is as good as Maddox. The problem is she doesn't contain her drawing to paper. Shw has drawn on wall, carpet, mirrors, the car armrests, tables, chairs, herself (almost daily) and her friends. Its a problem.
I love her hugs and cuddles. I love her ancy feet that she always wants rubbed. I love her big brown eyes. I love to listen to her prayers. I love being her mom. Happy Birthday Tess!
ps. does anyone reading this know how to spellcheck on the new blogger setup? Im a ridiculously bad speller. please excuse this un-spellchecked post.
Posted by Melissa at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment