Im posting a lot of pictures and this isn't even half of them.
this is the at the golf club at Paa'ko. You can see the course in the background. BEAUTIFUL!
We ate lunch out on this deck.
This is the oldest church in the United States
This is "Indian Row". I don't think that is a politically correct term. It may just be what Sarah calls it. Anyway, Its in the square in Santa Fe.
This is the lady who made the silver and turquoise bookmark Ellie bought.
at the Ranch.
Annie and Reagan. Annie saddled up this horse herself. I was so impressed.
Tess kissing Jordan's head. Jordan laughing about it.
Maddox and Reagan in the fort
Reagan on the swing
Ellie giving Lucy a ride
In this picture, Tess was singing Mary had a little lamb to the lamb. so cute!
Jordan's first time on Belay
Jordan's first time climbing on real rocks
Ellie's first time climbing real rocks
Ellie at the top
me
Maddox Jack and Keaton. They were pretending to drive this go cart forever.

A week ago, we went to NEW MEXICO with our friends the Hiatts. Annie is from Albuquerque. After a really long drive (9 hours of driving plus stops) we arrived at her parents home after midnight. I think Josh and Annie were ready to kill us. I don't think they expected the small bladders on Jordan and Ellie. We had to stop more than they wanted to. And Josh drives like a bad out of Hell. He would get so far ahead of us. and we were driving 10 over the speed limit the whole time.
The next day, the boys went golfing on her families golf course in Paa'ko. The girls and the kids headed over to Paa'ko to swim. The pool cover was broken (it was fine the day before. of course). Annie's sister-in-law, Sarah, was kind enough let the kids run through her sprinklers (they live in Paa'ko). We ate lunch at the golf club, which was beautiful. I can see why its rated one of the top 10 public courses in the U.S.! that night we ate some real Mexican food at one of the Cox's favorite restaurants. (the Cox's are Annie's parents)
Day two: We headed to Santa Fe for the day. Santa Fe looks so much different than Albuquerque. It reminded me of Jackson Hole WY, but with adobe. My kids loved all the Native Americans selling their silver jewelry. We then drove up to the Cox's ranch outside of Los Alamos.
The Ranch: this was so amazing. The best part of being at the ranch, was letting my kids just play, and run, and explore and get totally dirty. they threw rocks in the stream, pet and rode the horses, rode 4 wheelers, played on the rope swing and in the fort. We also rock climbed, with the help of Jacob (Annie's brother) and his gear. It was Jordan and Ellie's first time. I'm a seasoned pro! ok, I had one rock climbing class in college and haven't done it since. The boys shot guns, we ate lots of yummy food and treats, played lots of fun games and laughed our heads off. Jordan is the KING of BS. He won every time we played. It was so fun to watch my kids. Ellie took the younger kids for rides on the 4 wheelers. Tess wanted to do everything. she never wanted to get off the 4 wheeler or the horse (we rode JR). Maddox just loved being outside and being with Jack, and Reagan also loved the horses and didn't mind the 4 wheeler (until she ran hers off the road into barbed wire).
We had such a great time. We already loved the Hiatts, but we were a little nervous about hanging out with the rest of the fam. Didi was so kind to everyone, especially Ellie, Roger was great, Jacob and Sarah and their darling kids were so much fun. We loved everyone and everything we did. Thanks again Annie and Josh.
7 comments:
that looks beautiful!! what a fun family trip!
That looks awesome and so much fun! I think I just added it to my list of places to go!
Holy cow i don't know if I deserve all that. Dee Dee did most of it. Sara did the whole Paa-ko day. I just like you was along for the ride. It was such a blast and you made it all a million times better! We love you guys. I don't know if I will ever meet nicer children than yours. Mine will never live up to them either.
Sounds like you had the best time. What a fun memory for your kids. Jordan actually went both those places as a kid but I don't know if he remembers it. I barely do. Glad you had so much fun. Cute pictures. xoxoxo
When you said that Ellie rock climbed I had no idea it was up such a huge mountain!! Way to go Ellie. I am so glad that you had such a fun time. Love, Mom
Great family vacation!! I loved the pictures.
What a blast!!! The pictures are incredible!! I live Reagan on the swing!! What a great trip!
Post a Comment