Sunday, May 23, 2010

Reagan's Birthday

Ra Ra (as she writes her name) turned 7 this week. The day of her Birthday we celebrated by going out to breakfast. We went to IHOP; it was her choice. I tried to steer other directions, yummier directions, but she wanted IHOP. Jordan had to go out of town later that day so we celebrated in the morning. she got everything on her, not so big, wish list. She got a new bike and her first zhu zhu pet. I also gave her some cute clothes and sandals, but those were more for me. Grammy gave her some American Girl doll books which were also on her list.

On Saturday, we celebrated some more. I took Reagan, Ellie and a couple of her friends to Color me Mine to paint some pottery, then to In'n'out for dinner and then to The Sweet Tooth Fairy for cupcakes. I have to say something about the friends she took. I told her she could only pick 3 friends to bring, for many reasons, number one being lack of car space. She really had a hard time picking, she has so many darling friends. She brought Emma S. who lives on our street, Emma H. who is her best friend in her dance class and Gabbi. C who, now that they go to different schools, wishes she played with more. The girls had a great time. It was cute to see how careful they were while painting their pottery.

By the way, if it looks like Reagan, Ellie and one of the friends have on make-up, its because they do. We had the party just after their dance recital:)



Ellie gave her this bed for her hamster


Here are some things about Reagan at 7.
-She told me she has had about 11 boyfriends. The current one is Rafe. He is in her class at school. She wears a ring he gave her. (which is funny story I will share another time)
They don't do anything but play together like normal friends, but they really do care about each other. When Reagan had her little surgery to remove a cyst on her bellybutton, Rafe picked out some earrings out of her grandma's treasure box, brought they to his mom and asked if they could take them over to Reagan. She is a little boy crazy and the boys are crazy about her. when I volunteer in class several of the boys ask me if they can come over to out house. and several more are constantly chasing and poking her. that means love in 1st grade.
Reagan has the longest, skinniest arms and legs. and the biggest feet. She only wears one size smaller shoe than Ellie and is less than 2 inches shorter.
-She loves to read. Her teacher said she reads on a 6th grade level. She totally gets that from me!
-she loves to dance. she smiles the whole time she daces. in practice and performance. She is constantly saying "watch this mom" proceeded by a kick or a pose, or some made up turn. It cracks me up.
-She is so layed back, and not always in a good way. she does great at school, but only because its so easy for her. Piano is a different story. I ask her if she needs help with her lesson and she says "nope". I ask her how her piano lessons go and she says "good". So I have left her alone. Mostly because when she is practicing I am trying to make dinner and help with homework and a million other things. I finally asked her piano teacher, and one of my best friends, Hillary Cannon, how she was doing in piano. She didn't think her lessons were going as "good" as Reagan. she said she would get a lot better a lot faster if she would practice. Nice. I totally dropped the ball on that one. Im used to Ellie who freaks out if she doesn't have her lesson totally ready and who is constantly asking my about things in her lesson. I don't mean to imply that Reagan is doing bad at piano. she actually has improved a lot this year and had a hard recital song that she easily memorized. Im just saying she doesn't care if she had a good lesson or not.
-She still hasn't lost her top front teeth.
-She loves her Ipod touch, wizzards of waverly place, and sonny with a chance. She loves Demi Lovato, and Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber (last year it was Nick Jonas)
-Reagan is a mess. Very regularly I make her organize and clean out her drawers in her room and under her bed and her locker and the next day they will be a mess. It drives me crazy. and it drives Ellie crazy (they share a room) I don't know where she gets all the stuff or how she manages, but she does.
-She is a good big sister and friend to Maddox. He loves to play with her and she pretty much lets him. Ellie will often get mad because Maddox and Tess choose Reagan over her.
I love you Reagan. Im so glad you are my daughter and my little "Ra Ra".



4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Glad she had a nice birthday. We miss her. xoxo

Amy said...

She and Haily are so much alike! Haily also got zhu zhu pets for her birthday. She is "laid back" about piano. She is disorganized and a little messy, driving Paige to insanity!
Happy birthday, Reagan!

Trevor L. King said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my little Ra Ra. You are the perfect granddaughter. I love you so much. Love, Grammy