
This weekend Ellie and Reagan had their piano recital. This year they took lessons from one of my best friends, Hillary. She is a great teacher and an amazing pianist. The recital was in her home. it was small (she only has 5 students) but was really nice.
Ellie played 2 songs, Suprise symphany by Hayden and (I can't remember right now) by Mozart . She didn't seem nervous and did a great job. Reagan played chasing butterflies, by Mamie Mcconnel . she got lost in the middle,but kept playing. I wasn't even sure she made a mistake until Hillary said to me after "did you like Reagan's improv?" I was almost more impressed that she messed up and kept playing, even making up a little bit, than I would have had she played it perfectly. she can playe it perfectly, by the way. I think nerves just got to her.
Hillary gave all the students an award. Ellie's was for playing music, not just notes. This year she really leaned about dynamics and putting feeling into the music. Reagan's was for picking a hard recital song and conquering it.
I am proud of both girls and how much they improved this year. Neither of them love it (or hate it) but for now Im making them continue in lessons. I hope we are around for Hillary to be their teachr again.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Piano Recital
Posted by Melissa at 11:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wait--that last sentence...are you guys maybe moving?
Congratulations to Ellie nd Reagan. Their dresses are cute...did you make them? xoxo
Post a Comment