We spent last week at a cabin in Star Valley,WY. I grew up going there every summer with my whole Dad's side of the family. Almost everyone was there last week. I was just missing a couple cousins, and my brothers. Oh, and a husband. Jordan only came up for one day. He had a meeting in AZ the first part of the week and the Spudman triathlon over the weekend (he did great by the way). My uncle Jason has kids about my kids age and they play great together. We did so much fun stuff. We swam, fished at the pond behind the cabin, golfed, went to Jackson for a day, drove the bumper boats, played games, watched movies, tried to go on a couple hikes, did crafts, rode horses and really enjoyed each others company. In Jackson we went on a covered wagon ride that is awesome. As you are riding up the canyon, Indians attack on horses then a mountain man comes to your rescue. After that excitement you get off the wagons for a dutch oven dinner and a show. We did this when I was in 7th or 8th grade and it hasn't changed a bit. This time however, the mountain man didn't pick me to carry off to be his bride. I was bummed!
I am blessed to have such a great family. I love you guys.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Star Valley, WY
Posted by Jordan at 10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go supermom!! It sounds like so much fun! I would love to get more info about doing something like that! Love all of your pictures!
LOVE the photo of Mad Dog screaming as you take a picture of him with the girls and the 'mountain man' (which, incidentally sounds horrifying). Looks like such a fun tradition otherwise...what cute pics.
That looked like such a great trip, I love the whole Grider clan! That's sad about Fritz, I didn't know he was sick. Dogs are SUCH a part of the family!
Looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe you have a second grader. We are getting so old!
Post a Comment