Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My American Idol


Last night I got to go the American Idol concert (thanks Dad for giving my your ticket). I've never really wanted to go previous seasons, but this season, I liked a lot of the top ten. The concert was so good!!! They all sounded great in person.
You should have heard the arena when David Archuletta came out. My mom, being the old lady that she is, (that was a joke mom...kinda) had to cover her ears. You should have heard ME when David Cook finally came out. I felt like a teenager! I am always surprised how small celebrities are in real life. These guys did not disappoint. My cousin Jake and Aunt Vicki got to go backstage during the actual contest in LA and meet several of the idols. Christy Lee Cook, who looks so tall on TV, only came up to Jakes cheek. Jake is only about 5'9''. Carly, who looked chubby on tv, looked totally skinny last night. Back to David Cook. He is one of the taller ones, still not tall. But there is something about him that I love. His smile I think. Marissa- I may have to "kick down" and fight you for him.

9 comments:

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

I am sooo jealous. I am in love with David Cook too. Mike knows it so its okay. Its his smile, his teary gratitude, and his steamy voice:-) I need to go to a concert, I'm the old lady.

Marissa said...

THANK YOU! I'll share D.C. with you. :) But that pic you have of him makes me want to give him a quick (or slow) peck... if Denton's ok with that.

Suzie Soda said...

You girls can fight over DC.....he does nothing for me. I am still committed to Elvis. But I always love live anything...so I am sure I would have loved it.
How fun you got to go. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Melissa Annabelle, if I had not plugged my ears, (which I only had to do for David Archuletta), I am certain I would be deaf right now. I LOVED being there with you. At least I am young at heart!! Love, Mom

Chelsea Wood said...

Melissa, is your real middle name Annabelle? How did I never know that? That was a hot pic of DC. I am very jealous that you got to go. On SYTYCD last night there was a dance number to little Archuleta's Imagine and I got a little teary thinking of how much I enjoyed his Idol days.

Jordan said...

my middle name is not Annabelle, my mom just calls me that. I felt the same way last night hearing tht song.

{Brittany} said...

Okay, I was going to leave a comment, but then I just read all the comments and I am laughing too hard to remember what I was going to write!!

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

I'm jealous! What a fun concert!

lizzie said...

I'm totally jealous...