My parents had to put their dog to sleep last week. We were all really sad about it. He was getting really old. He could hardly see, He had really large tumors,and he couldn't control his bladder anymore -even with the help of medicine. My family got him almost 15 years ago. He was the cutest puppy ever. I loved to take him places in a little basket (it was before the days of doggy purses). I even took him to a sleep over at my friend Lexi's house.
He was such a good dog. He never bit or snapped at anyone his entire life. He would just sit there and let my kids maul him. We are really going to miss him when we visit my parents house. Things we won't miss... his stinky outside smell. His hot body when you are trying to sleep and he lays next to you (when I say "you" I mean Jordan)His snoring when you are trying to watch TV.
I took this picture of my kids with Fritz the day before he died. They didn't know it was going to be the last time they saw him. We all loved him and will miss him. Even my dad cried when he died. Its amazing how pets become part of your family.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Good Bye Fritzy
Posted by Jordan at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Even though I am not an animal lover, I feel your pain. I know your mom is so sad. I sent her an e-card.
Fritz was a great part of our family. I loved him so much. Thanks for being such a great big sister to him. Sooooooooooooo hard to see him go. Love, Mom
Sorry to hear about your dog. We had to do the same thing with our dog years ago and I was so sad!
Post a Comment