Friday, January 21, 2011

I made a drastic change in my life

As of yesterday, I part my hair down the middle! I know, right? that's huge! (i feel like i need to add a just kidding here just to make sure my sarcasm didn't come across in the written word) About the picture. there's nothing like your kids to knock you down. When Ellie saw this pictures, she couldn't stop laughing. She thinks my face is so hilarious and that my eyebrows are too strait and my mouth looks like I'm mad. I thought it was pretty awesome that it was a serious picture and I didn't hate how i looked in it. She thought I should put the picture below on the blog:) you can totally see how my nostrils are different sizes and my teeth are off center. Also I have like 4 chins. Tess took the picture, by the way.

I was looking through some pictures and realized I've had pretty much the same hair for the last 6 years. the length has changed and the color a tiny bit, but the swoop bangs have been a constant. I think my forehead may be too long (and too wrinkled) for the center part, but I'm trying it out for a while anyway. I'm not ready for a drastic color change ( I like boring brunette) and I'm not ready to chop it again (give me a year). So this was the best I can do. Grow my bangs out and change the part. I know. I'm CRAZY!

11 comments:

Katie said...

Holy cow--you are gorgeous! At first I thought it was a photo of a model you pulled from the internet that looked kind of like you, I was thrown by the center part for a second, and then I realized it was you!! Looks fabulous.

Annie said...

K I have to say I started laughing too when I saw that picture. I love that you are so confident to put a headshot of you on your blog. I could never do that. It does look like you are a little mad but sexy mad...does that make sense? I have debated growing my bangs out. My forehead is bigger so I think I need bangs. And your part is slightly off to the side which I think looks perfect. Perfectly down the middle would not look as good. You are beautiful. I just chopped my hair and hate it. Oh well.

Phyllis said...

Melissa, You are beautiful!! Never listen to your kids comments. Okay, sometimes listen. Kim is my best aide when it comes to fashion. But seriously, you look terrific!!!

Steph said...

i LOVE the pic - you are soooooo pretty! I want to look like that with my hair parted down the middle - whenever I do it that way, i think it looks good, but then when i see pictures of myself, i don't like it as much - so who knows - that's about as crazy as i am too at this point - and i realize my hair has been the same for years and years! oh well!

Audrey said...

I love the new do!

Natalie said...

I have been having the same issue lately too with what to do with my hair since I have had the swoop bangs since high school! I actually asked Rich yesterday if I should grow my bangs out, so if you have any suggestions for me and my face shape that would be greatly appreciated. Rich is sitting next to me and wants you to know that you are one hot mama! I think you are always beautiful and the middle part looks great!

Rita Grider said...

Your Dad and I were looking at the picture and he thinks you should start modeling. Wow, Liss, you really are beautiful. The good thing is that you are just as beautiful on the inside too. We love you!!!

Nicole said...

Like comment #1 I thought you found a pic that looked like you and were messing with everyone. you are SOOO pretty (always have thought so) and I like the 'do. I have a hard time trying something new...hence never coloring my hair (that will have to end soon) and a similiar cut all the time. You are beautiful!!!

Lindseybabe said...

Ok sexy lady! I love the first pic! I am calling Vogue! Gotta love kids...Rylee asked me if I am having another baby while patting my belly the other day. Nice! Oh...and p.s...never chop it ok?!!! It is too beautiful!

Mike & Lindy said...

I am SO JEALOUS of your hair and your beauty...I have to agree with your mom on the beautiful inside stuff. I love ya!

Karen said...

Loved both pictures. I think they both show how stunning you are!!