Let me first say that Prince Charming is anything but charming. He is actually really gross. Prince Charming is a frog and this is how he became a part of our family:
Yesterday, Ellie and Reagan played at their friends house, the Gunn's. And yesterday, the Gunn's found 6 frogs in their window well (lucky them). when I picked the girls up, they begged to take one home. I said I would think about it and do some research about it. We stopped by the pet store that evening to ask what you would need for a frog. Turns out all we needed was a cage, a water and food bowl and some food. Crap. I can't use the excuse that its too expensive. So we got the stuff and headed to the Gunn's to pick out our little friend. My kids gave me the best mom award and lots of big hugs.
Next we had to come up with a name. At dinner everyone said they name they wanted and then we had a vote. you could vote for two since everyone would, of course, vote for their own. Prince Charming one. Maddox doesn't like his name, so he calls the frog Ben.
Here are the names everyone else wanted:
Jordan: Froger Fedderer
Melissa: Sir Charles
Tess: Charlie
Maddox: Ben
Reagan: Freckles
I find Prince Charming so disgusting. Last night for dinner we had chicken Cesar salad and I couldn't eat it. and I don't lose my appetite very often. The green lettuce and chicken covered with slimy dressing remind me too much of the slimy green friend we had in our back yard.
The kids have promised they will take care of him. Feeding him 2 crickets and 2 mill worms everyday, and cleaning out his cage once a week. His house is outside. this is for 3 reasons. One, to avoid pet stink in our house. Two, so we didn't have to buy a heat lamp for his cage. And three, do I don't have to look at him.
We don't have a great record when it comes to pets. We had a fish named Bob Marley for about 3 days. A puppy named Hemingway for a week. We (well, the kids) are hoping this guy lasts a bit longer.
Right after this picture was taken, the frog peed and Ellie cried. I laughed:)
This is where he live. In a corner of our yard far away from me.
Here are my happy kids with their new favorite friend. I wonder how long it will last.
3 comments:
Ewwww! You DEFINITELY deserve the best mom award! Ugly frog, but super cute kids!
You are a good mom, Melissa :) It could be worse. My brother had iguana's in our house in his bedroom..then he had snakes...a boa constirctor outside the back door. He raised baby mice to feed to it. So so gross. My mom is getting extra blessings ni heaven for allowing him to pursue this interest. So will you. I used to play wth frogs with my bothers at the little league field...I was a tomboy hanging out with all those boys in my early years until I got some girlfriends to play Barbies with. I am sure you wanted to know all this information in this extra long comment :) You ROCK! I can't believe Maddox doesn't like his name. Such a cute picture..... of these kids.......my flexh and blood and DNA :)
My kids are going to be so jealous! They've been begging for a bunny for over 2 years now. Like every birthday candles wish, shooting star wish, wishbone wish...I don't know how I'm going to keep avaoiding it. I thought it would wear off by now.
Post a Comment