Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We Will Miss You Caiden


We have had a very emotional past week. I debated whether to blog about this or not, but since I am using this blog as our families journal I decided to document it. Our cute little neighbor,Caiden, passed away. He fell from a bonus room window onto the driveway below and after a day or so in the hospital, life support was turned off. Caiden was such an amazing kid. His funeral was today, and everyone who talked had a similar message- How infectious his smile was, and how sweet, good and fun he is. I seriously love him. He was almost always in a spiderman costume (he had several). They even buried him in one. Ellie has had a hard time. She has cried on and off for the past several days. Today when she saw his parents, she lost it. She is very sweet and concerned about Tayson, Caidens older brother and her friend. Caiden's family is very close and do a lot of fun things together. I don't think they have any regrets. The last thing that Caiden's dad said before he went to play was I love you to which Caiden replied I love you too.
I am go grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace it brings at times like these. I know that Caiden is with people who love him and that he is happy. I am so grateful that I know that families can be together forever.
(in the picture, Caiden is the smaller, blond boy)

5 comments:

Utley Family said...

Melissa, I've been thinking about you today because I knew you would be attending the funeral. I will continue to pray for all who have been affected by Caiden's death. He was such a cute little guy and my heart is broken about what has happened! If you talk to his family please let them know that everyone in the neighborhood is thinking of them and praying for them! Give Ellie a hug for me!

Anonymous said...

We are broken hearted for you and Caiden's family as well. Sweet little guy. That is so touching that they buried him in his spiderman costume.

We're thinking of you all (esp darling Ellie) and are so sorry for the loss. Lv Chels

Suzie Soda said...

I have been crying about this ever since I heard and I don't even know him or his family...but I can empathize for anyone this could happen too.
It is so sad. I know Ellie is so senitive (which I love about her) so I can imagine her sad feelings. Thank Heaven we have the gospel to help us deal with life's difficulties. I guess this can makes us all want to live better so we are worthy and able to be together forever. Give Ellie a big hug and kiss from me....I am sending one right now. xoxox Grammy Suz

{Brittany} said...

What a sweet tribute. Thanks for sharing!

Jay and Bec said...

Even though I didn't know Caiden or his family, we were deeply affected by this tragedy. It has definately made us hug all of our kids a little tighter. Please give the family our love. We will continue to pray for them.