Today Ellie had her 7th birthday. 7 is a funny age. Sometimes she wants to be so old (notice the earrings in the picture. I let her wear them only because it was her birthday) and sometimes she acts so little (she was really excited about her barbie folder from her grandma Suzie). Ellie is smart and sometimes I think I expect too much from her. But then she does something to remind us she is only 7, and it makes us laugh. (See picture #2. She thought it was so funny and exciting that I let her stick her face in the cake).
Ellie is super smart, very sensitive and caring, really helpful to everyone and quite the little performer. I am so blessed to have her for my daughter. I learn something from her everyday. Often its to be more patient. She is definitely on her own time schedule. Sometimes, I swear, if she does one more cartwheel after I tell her to do something...
We love you Ellie belly. You really are our favorite 7 year old.
The cake before
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
My Favorite 7 Year Old!
Posted by Jordan at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
We love Ellie! She looks so darling and happy in those photos. Sorry we missed her on her birthday. Did you decorate that cake, Melissa? It is so lovely?
Miss you. Chels
You've celebrated lots of birthdays lately! I love it that you let her smash her face in her cake!! It sounds like you had a great trip as well! (I don't believe you about your pictures not being blog-worthy! I don't think it's possible for you to take a bad picture)
What in the heck? What is up with the face in the cake? That is hilarious! Your cake was beautiful and I know that you decorated it yourself...those cake classes definitely paid off. Darling!
I love this post....the face in the cake was a classic. Shoving cake in her's groom's face will be a familiar feeling. on a few years. I did a little post on Ellie too....maybe you can show her. We love you Ellie..you are your own special you Happy Birthday!. Grammy Suz ps. Glad you liked the barbie folder.
She is adorable. To answer your question about slide shows, I just go to photobucket.com. its free and you can upload all your photos there and pick a format. Then you can just copy the htlm code in put it in your post.
Hope that helps
That face in the cake is hillarious!!! You're sure getting good at making cakes! Do you take orders?
Melissa-
First of all, can't believe you have a 7 yr old! She is beautiful and looks like her b-day was a lot of fun. Great job on the cake!:)
I just love Ellie! She is so adorable and has the funnest personality! I love the face in the cake thing...so funny! Happy Birthday, Ellie!
Happy Birthday Ellie! I can't believe she is 7.
And Melissa- that cake is beautiful. I really should take a class! Great job!
Ellie belly, we love you soooooo much and are so proud of you and all that you do. You always make us laugh and make everyone around you happy. Wow, what 7 wonderful years we have had being your Grammy and Papa.
Post a Comment