Sunday, March 30, 2008

Onstage New York

Ellie had her first dance competition this weekend. The competition was held at the Salt Palace and was called ONSTAGE New York. We had a great time. I felt so old. I feel like I was just at my own dance competitions. Ellie's studio (Vibe) shared a dressing room with The winner school (thats the name of the studio). My old Drill team advisors run the dance program there. It was weird to chat with them. It was weird to be talking to them 9 months pregnant with my fourth child.
Ellie did two dances. A hip-hop routine and a regular little kid dance. I guess you would call it Jazz. Her little class was so cute and did very well. They got gold for the hip-hop and a high silver (there is also a regular siver) for the other dance.
I was terrible at taking pictures. I will get some pictures of the costumes at the next performance. Here is Ellie and Mackinley after the awards.

This is there teacher Alexis (not a great picture of any of them, but it was the only one I took). Look for her on "so you think you can dance"

I was so proud of Ellie. She is a natural little dancer (not like her mother).

4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Congratulations to Ellie and her team. I don't know what you are talking about Melissa..you are a great dancer from what I have seen.

Good Luck tommorrow..we can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures.

Love you all and miss you!

Matich Family said...

Oh that is so not true, you were an amazing little dancer! Blah Ha the good ole' drill days! Melissa its amber, I found you! Your family is beyond adorable and congrats on a soon to be #4!

Nicole said...

so cute! Ellie is seriously so pretty....and I love her dancer pose!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Miss Elliebean on a wonderful performance. Papa and I were very proud of you. We know you work very hard to make it look so perfect. We love you so much!! Love, Grammy