
Maddox and I had a great idea to do a Science Birthday party. The Geniuses at One Charming Party had the same idea and planned the party for us! There site is so great. They list the games and treats and favors they did at their party AND provide links for most of the supplies. Let me lay out what we did. First we put on safety glasses and lab coats and did the boys hair like crazy mad scientists. Then the experimenting began! We made our own cupcakes with only a cake mix and sprite- then put food coloring to make them what ever color they wanted- some turned out better than others, but the kids all though they were delicious. we made slime using glue and borax, blew up a balloon using the gas made from combining vinegar and baking soda, turned little pellets the size of a tiny pebble into a big marble size with only water, made big explosions using mentos and diet cola, and we made tornadoes by connecting two pop bottles with water in them together. Maddox said his favorite experiment was making slime. I think they all loved it. I loved it. The best part is, i think they actually learned some things. It was the first time using a measuring cup for some of the boys. Many of they boys mothers said their sons wore their glasses and coats for days after. Today Tess told me she wants to have a scientist party... we'll see.













front row: Derek Hill, Jackson Wood, Maddox, Brigg Sanders
back row: Brock Hill, Dayton Saunders, Conner Allen, Drew Allen
1 comments:
so much fun!! I have always wanted one of my kids to love that idea for a party. arianna may have thought it too messy but Enzo is fianlly there! Looks like you had a messy blast! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I loved your Christmas card!! You are a great photographer!
Post a Comment