Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Happy 6th Birthday Buddy Boy!
This is the dessert Maddox requested for his birthday. No bake cheese cake with berries, but with the condition that he got to arrange the berries. In case you can't tell, he arranged the raspberries in a portrait of himself! so cute! For his birthday dinner he was deciding between omelette's and McDonald's, but my parents were here and somehow my dad talked him into Outback. Before you feel bad for Maddox- Maddox does like outback. This year his birthday fell on the day before Thanksgiving and since I was hosting the dinner and house guests that week, we did his party the Monday after his birthday.
This year Maddox grew a ton. He is still as mellow and cool as ever. He discovered Lego's and wants to do them all the time. He has built some hard things. He still loves starwars, but has also discovered pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones. In sports he is starting to actually play the games instead of flitting around the field. He plays tennis twice a week and and depending on the season, plays basketball, soccer and baseball. He also really enjoyed snow skiing.and has really loved going golfing with Jordan. In last month he has turned into a pretty great reader. He takes a turn every morning reading the scriptures and doesn't need much help at all, just with some of the biggest words. He has made lots of new friends at school. He looks forward to Friday when his 6th grade buddy, Caleb, comes into his class. He even had a girlfriend for a few weeks! I was shocked. I thought I was teasing him by asking him if he had a girl friend. He has never shown interest in girls and never mentioned any from school. When he got a shy smile on his face and replied yes to my question, I almost spit. So her name is Deryk. she is a cute little blonde girl who, apparently makes Maddox sit by her on the rug and holds his hand. He only called her his girlfriend for a couple weeks- that's like eternity in Kindergarten. I guess they broke up, but she still sits by him on the rug (and wishes she could hold his hand). There are like 5 other girls who chase him and his friend Jackson at recess. He must not have wanted to be tied down to just one:) I hope a real girlfriend is FAR in the future. Pretty much we think Maddox is the greatest kid ever, with the exception of one thing. He still comes down and climbs into our bed almost every night. This wouldn't be that bad except he literally sleeps on you. He's not content just to be in the bed with us, He clings to you. leg and arm draped over you. Jordan and I keep saying we're putting a stop to it, but we're just so tired when he comes in in the middle of the night. I pledge right now that next year, I will NOT be writing about how Maddox still sleeps in my bed! I wish I could put a sound bite on here of him talking. He taught himself how to say the "L" sound and is working on the "R" sound. Its really hard to get your child into speech therapy in the Mesa Public school system. It has to be affecting their school work- which its not. so he has no chance since he's doing so well in school. I seriously pray that it will work its self out. I guess I could do some research and try to help him. I think I just had an epiphany -that will be a post in the near future!
Jordan wanted to add how much he likes hanging out with "the boys". He thinks Maddox is the best little buddy- if they go to a game, its the best game ever, if they go to a movie, its the best movie ever, and if they run errands, somehow Maddox ends up with a sword or a box of legos that I have previously said no to. Jordan never gets tired of "Hey Dad, guess what?", even after the 20th time in a 5 minute span. He really loves that kid.
Posted by Melissa at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment