Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot




Grammy and Papa came to stay with us for Thanksgiving.  The morning of, we did the Mesa Turkey Trot. The  have a 1 mile, a 2 mile and a 10k.  This year we ALL did the 2 mile.  it was a fun way to start morning.  More fun for some than others.  At one point Ellie was in tears, It was not a proud moment of mine, but I may have said something like... I can't believe you can't even run 1 mile without stopping, try harder- be tough. Maddox and my Dad ran faster than all of us.  Jordan ran most of the way with Tess on his shoulders.  Grammy walked until she saw My dad coming then turned around and headed for the finish.  I figure it can only get better next year.  Maybe we will have been so motated that we will all do the 10k;)

The rest of Thanksgiving day was really nice- except that I was really sick. My mom was such a big help since I felt so poor. Everything turned out great. We had Great Grandma Katee and Great Grandpa Romans over for the meal in the late afternoon.   It was nice to have some family with us this year!

*Notice the mustache Jordan is growing for Movember.  He's use any excuse he can to grow facial hair.  

  Tess (actually, im pretty sure her teachers did most of it) made this indian costume in preschool for Thanksgiving.  They named her Indian princess Seetheart.

0 comments: