I should be posting more cute pictures of my kids and our summer/off-track adventures. Instead I'm posting about how I screwed up my kids. First let me say that Jordan has been out of town all week (first with work then in Yellowstone, fly fishing, kayaking, hiking and camping with his friends) AND Im on accutane; I've been told its mood altering.
Today my kids have been driving my crazy!!! They would take turns being whiney and pouty and selfish. so by 6:00 in the evening I freaked out. I was trying to be nice and take them to the store to pick out a treat for our game night, when it began again! I told them how sick of it I was and then said, about the they made me feel today "It's been Hell!" and then after seeing the look of shock on their faces (especially Reagan's) I said "Hell! Hell! and that's a swear word!" to this Ellie and Reagan began to cry, Maddox looked down and Tess just starred in silence. so now they think their mom actually is going to Hell!
ok now I have vented. Soon to come... more cute pictures and happy posts.
*I did end up calming down, and the kids were freaked out enough, that everyone obeyed and was nice and happy the rest of the night. We even had fun playing games
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Not One of My Best Moments
Posted by Jordan at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I can't stop laughing. Max was out of town for 4 weeks (just got back a week ago) for a rotation in Alaska and I said plenty of swear words--more in my head and when the kids were out of ear shot though :).
I don't think you've screwed your kids up up though. I remember waking up to my mom pounding on the wall to Joy's room at 5:00 in the morning because her alarm (to go to drill team) had woken up everyone in the house but Joy. My mom was yelling, "Dammit Joy, get up!" I was shocked at the swearing at the time, but now I think it is hilarious. If your kids remember this, someday it will be a really funny story for them to tell.
That is so funny! You are going to hell you naughty girl. Good luck surviving through tonight. You've had a crazy week. Time for a girls weekend!!
That was funny to read.....although I am sure not funny to you at the time. Somehow we all survive these outrageous moments of motherhood. And the kids survive too. They never really understand until they are the screaming mother themselves. You are a good mother and do so many good things that this is but a moment. They will remember all the good times, I hope. I hope mine do. Mothering is a messy job. I love the quote i have....." Mothering is like being pecked to death by a chicken". Hang in there. You are doing great. Tell Jordan you need girls night out. xoxoxo
Ah Melissa! I had a day like that yesterday. You should have sent your kids over here, then they REALLY would have been screwed up. You are such a good mom! I'm sorry that you had a bad day, but it made me smile, and feel a little bit more normal! Love ya!
That is when you bag the game idea and come to chick filet with us! Or call me and I will find an amazing babysitter for both of us and we will go out. I did the same thing friday. But hey it worked for me too. They were nicer after that.
That is hilarious! gotta love the breakdowns that shock the kids! You made my night with that one!
Sorry, but this made me laugh!! I'm so glad to hear that you are human like the rest of us...we all have our moments!! (and some how our kids survive!)
I am laughing so hard and will for days to come about this!!! Trevor was out of town a week ago (just for fun with friends)....and me and my pregnant patience didn't stretch very far and I had many days like this....maybe I should have said it and it would have made me feel better. :) I even started crying when the YW pres asked me how I was holding up and if I needed any help before the babe. I NEVER do that...so embarassing. She probably thought I was nuts (or just a mom with a husband out of town.) Glad I am not alone. Thanks for sharing!!!
This is my FAVORITE post of yours ever! Now our kids have something in common, a crazy mother who says, "HELL!" I love it.
Thanks for reminding me that it's NORMAL to have those freak out moments as a mother...I absolutely got a crack up over this....We've all been there and can totally sympathize. But the fact the you posted about it is why I love you to death
I am so glad you are human. I laughed out loud reading your post.
Ohhh, that explains why I haven't received an email from you;) I understand your pain. Derek was gone for 10 days surfing on a "Bro-cation". I don't think foul words count when your husband is away.
Melissa Annabelle Romans!!! I am coming over to put soap in your mouth right now!! I am sure your swearing rampage had nothing to do with your mother because I am sure a swear word has never passed these lips. Hee Hee Hee. Love, Your Mommy
Post a Comment