Popcorn for SUNDAY dinner in fact. To make this Sunday more a day of rest for me, we had popcorn for dinner. I need to explain.
Yesterday I spent the WHOLE day sitting and watching Ellie dance at a convention and competition. I actually really love to go and watch. I love to see the joy she has learning from people she really admires and I love to have hours to sit and chat with my friends. One of the conversations I had with Lindsey Wood (mother of Ellie's friend Madeline and one of my favorite friends to talk to) was about how Sunday isn't much of a day of rest for the mother. She said one of the things she does is make Sunday dinner something really simple. Traditionally, in most Mormon families, Sunday dinner is fancier than the rest of the week. I think to show respect for the day. I don't like spending my entire Sunday afternoon cooking. Its the only day when my family is home together and I would much rather be doing other things with them. Then there's the big clean up. It reminds me of Mary and Martha. Martha was doing good things but there were better things she could be doing. So I decided I was also going to start making easy Sunday dinners.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Popcorn for Dinner
Posted by Melissa at 2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment