So Its January again. A new year with new, or basically the same, resolutions. One resolution of mine is to be better at this blog thing. It is still the only journal I keep. My goal this year is to write at least every Sunday. I'm not doing very well so far since today is actually February 8th and I haven't written once this year. I think its because I was trying to catch up the last months of 2012 that I hadn't written anything. I decided I better start with this year now or the task would get more and more daunting.
The biggest change for me, I guess, is the new church curriculum for the youth, Come Follow Me. I am still teaching Mia Maids and really love those girls. I'm excited about the new curriculum. I think its going to teach these kids a ton and teach me a ton too. The first time I taught, most of the girls and I were crying because we felt the Spirit so strongly. That hasn't happened for a long time. The only bad thing is that we got a new 1st counsellor in the YW presidency. She is struggling. The girls don't like her or relate to her, her lessons are really boring and she seems very unprepared, and she is struggling with a lot of things at home. Her husband and her father are pretty sick and disabled. I feel really bad for her and hope she figures something out soon. I try to help all I can, but she doesn't allow me to do much.
Tess had a big advance in January and that is she started to learn how to read. Her school has started to send home little books for her to pass off. She is doing great and progressing fast. One morning I came out of my room and she said " Mom, I'll just be over here reading, because I love it" Yay! I'm not sure how I got so lucky that all my kids learned to read without any problem and that they all love to read. Its seriously a blessing and a talent- one that they get from their father. I didn't love to read as a kid.
Well thats about all I can think of that happened in January.
0 comments:
Post a Comment