there are so many qualities that i think a good mother should have. Here is a list, partial I'm sure,: Hard working, kind, fun, patient, faithful, forgiving, meek, bold, healthy, adventurous, can laugh at her self, giving, aware of what she and her children look like. as I'm writing this list, Tess is sitting next to me wanting me to come see a puppet show she is doing on the couch. I keep saying just a second. I asked her what she thinks a good mommy does. She said "a good mommy comes to see a puppet show" touche! Where are my priorities. Even though that fault/selfishness was just brought to my attention, the quality I'm choosing to work on for the next two weeks is patience. I am too quick to lose my cool and speak louder than I should or even yell. I just read a quote from President McConkie that says there should never be yelling in the home unless there is a fire. I read it to my kids we are all going to work on it. I am the mother and by my example, they learn how to deal with life. I want to have a calm peaceful home and that starts with me not yelling.
Well, it has now been two weeks. I have been better, but its going to take more than two weeks for me to stop yelling completely. Jordan and I decided to help eachother out with this (he's working on it to). when we see the other person is on the verge of yelling, we say "fire" to help remind us that there is no fire and there is no need to yell. I know that the spirit can't dwell in my home when any of us is yelling and thats not the kind of home I want to live in. Im hoping that my kids are young enough that if we can change this now, they won't grow up to be yellers aswell.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
PP: Divine Nature #2
Posted by Melissa at 3:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We read that same quote on pinterest and that is prob where you read it. We are doing the same thing. I love it. It is such an easy way to remind yourself not to yell and not get out of control. We both have only yelled a handful of times since we started. I love it.
Post a Comment