Sunday, February 5, 2012

My "Crush"es

Reagan picked this one for me-again, with her eyes closed and randomly pointed to one.  This was a great one for Reagan to pick, because,like me, she always has a crush on someone.

So my very first crush was on Beau Duke from the Dukes of Hazard TV show. I think I was 3-4 (it was definitely before kindergarten).  I remember sitting in front of the TV in my pink footie pajamas and watching this show (what were my parents thinking:)  My parents have since told me a story about going to the state fair and John Sneider (Beau) was playing his music.  I was on my dad's shoulders when he looked our way and waved.  I was sure it was at me and I totally blushed.  Later that year we got a little golden something dog and I named him Beau after my first crush.  Sadly the dog and the crush didn't last much longer. 

Then I started school and the crushes really began.  In kindergarten I was in Mrs. Green's class. I sat at the pink table across from Todd Flemming (could be Flanders- I can't remember for sure).  Every day when we sat down at our table, Todd would kiss my hand.  He moved before kindergarten was over or who knows where that romance could have gone.

First grade brought Ryan Beckstrom.  I loved him all the way through third grade.  He was the smartest kid in the class. The teacher had to give him special work for math. I don't think we talked very much, but he loved me too.  I think I started keeping a journal around this time and there were many about Ryan.  After elementary shool, he moved.  I saw him once in high school (he was friends with my cousin) and he looked exactly the same.  And then many years later he was in my D&C class at BYU.  I don't remember if I ever talked to him. It was a big class and I'm pretty sure he saw me too.  Im not sure why I used to be so insecure about that kind of stuff.  He was always shy and was probably wondering why I never came to talk to him.  I wonder what he's doing now.  Probably a physicist or something.

In 4th and 5th grade I had a crush on Spencer DeJong.  He was in my ward and was probably the only boy at school taller then me.  He was cute though.  NOw that I think about it, he kinda looked like beau duke!  He came over one day and knocked on my door. When I answered, he sang me a rap he had written.  I still remember part of it.  "my name is Spencer and I'm here to say, your the cutest girl in the USA and if you make one move I'm gunna come after you".  How romantic. His mom told my mom that on a family boating trip he told them that he didn't just like me he loved me.  I think I had a crush on Spencer on and off most of my adolescent years.  I think we kissed in a game of truth and dare in his cabin at bear lake.  (my parents were in the other room listening).  I may have also kissed his older brother Cody in the same game.

In middle school I had a crush on a whole bunch of older boys who had no idea who I was (and still don't) The two I still remember their names are Jesse Strong and Trevor Christiansen.  I should look them up on facebook and see what they look like now.  In middle school is also where my crush on Christian Bale started (then he was in Newsies). That crush still hasn't totally gone away:)

Oh Boy, High School.  I had a crush on so many boys.  Most of them didn't know until way after the fact.  John Hose, Johnny Madsen, Elliot Procter, Rob Candrian and his best friend Mike Walkenhorst (how scandalous- because I actually dated Rob) Ben Morrison, Jeff Baich- Im sure there are more that I can't think of right now. There are two that I can't think of their names. Both were a year older than me.  One was the boy that was my partner in a drill team dance we did. (thats a story for another journal entry entitled my most embarrassing moment)  The other one has a good story too. I just remembered part of his first name but am drawing a blank on his last name. His name is Davis.  I think his best friend liked me because his friend asked me out many times and we would go on double dates with Davis and his date.  Sadly I would go because Davis would be there and not because I wanted to go out with Sean.  Davis never asked me out until.... college when I saw him in the BYU bookstore. After talking in line to buy our books, he asked to walk me home and then asked what I was doing this weekend.  The problem was I already had plans...WITH MY HUSBAND!! oops. we were both embarrassed. I thought he had seen my ring. I need to find some pictures of these boys and scan them in.  They were all so cute:)

On more than on occasion, after my crush on a certian person was over, I would tell them about the old crush and they would say something like. "you did?! I had a crush on you too, but I didn't think you liked me"  It was probably for the best. My mom always told me I had a problem and didn't know how to flirt. Maybe sometime I'll write about the stupid things I did thinking I was flirting.  like pretend to go to seep.  Ya I know, lame.  by the way, it didn't work.



I don't think I ever had a crush on a bad boy. I always like the smart and spiritual and that's exactly what I ended up with!    



4 comments:

Katie said...

So fun to read!!! Especially since I can picture a lot of those boys. And I've had a crush on Christian Bale since Newsies too.

Annie said...

I still love Christian bale too. That is good you liked the good guys. I'm trying to figure out how to instill that in Lucy because I was always wanting the bad ones. Christian bale is a bad guy btw.

Lindseybabe said...

I love this post...all of your posts for that matter. This one made me laugh and think of the crushes I had. I love how honest you are about everything. I am like Annie and had a lot of crushes on the bad boys. Good thing I ended up with a good one!!

Audrey said...

I LOVED Christian Bale in Newsies. I think Kelley Jones and I watched it like 100 times. Lets just say I was very happy to see him back as Batman.