Monday, January 16, 2012

Personal Progress Journal Entry

Faith #1:  Faith and Prayer-   For this goal I had to say my morning and evening prayers everyday for 3 weeks.  This is already mostly a habit for me, but I do miss on occasion.  What I know about prayer, is that it truly helps me in more ways than one.  Talking about the things I am thankful for, the things I need help with and the the people around me, to my Heavenly Father, helps me to keep them in the fore front of my mind.  I find that I need to pray more than just twice a day. I really do try to keep a prayer in my heart the whole day.  The days that I start out on my knees just go better. I'm more patient with my kids, I get more done, and feel better about my self.  I think I gained a testimony of prayer before just about anything else ( i of coarse had a testimony of God and Jesus Christ first). I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers when I pray.  I know he sends the Holy Ghost to comfort me. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has given us all a way to communicate with him. I wouldn't make it in this life without it or Him.  I loved reading some general conference talks over the years about prayer.  In a talk Elder Bednar gave in 2008,  he talked about how our morning and evening prayers, and most of the prayers in between are linked.  We are continually thanking him for help, repenting when we fall short, and asking for more help as we progress through this life.  We need to be in constant communication with our creator.  When we find we do a little better, a silent prayer of thanks should be offered for the added strength or awareness of our short comings.   This is me every day.  I am constantly making the same mistakes and trying to do better.  I have faith that if I continue to sincerely pray and work at my weaknesses, someday, though my savior, I will be able to over come them. For now, I will continue to pray and ask for mercy and a lot of help!

0 comments: