Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My baby started preschool


I almost forgot to take her  "first day of school picture" we were all ready in the car when I remembered. We had to hurry and get out of the car, run back in the house and get my camera pose for a picture and get back in the car in 2 minutes so we wouldn't be late to the first day of school.  So this isn't the best picture, but it does show her new school bag. Instead of a star with eyebrows, eyes and a smile, Tess sees a star with eyes, a piggy nose and a mouth. 
She is going to shining star preschool with Miss Janie, Miss Dana, Miss Lorie and Miss Reagan.  She loved her first day, even though she has been saying she hates preschool for the last 2 weeks. I'm not sure why she thought it was going to be so terrible. 
She also started tumbling on Monday. she looks so cute in her leotard, I'll have to take/post a picture.

It was much harder for me to let her go this morning than I thought it would be. I still think of her as my baby.  I cried a little after I shut the door behind her, but the sadness quickly turned to excitement as I was deciding what to do with my 2 1/2 hours of freedom!

3 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I am so glad she liked it. And glad you survivied too.
How fun to have 2 1/2 hours of freedom. When Lindsay went to preschool I had 4 hrs then all day in kindergarten. It seemed like it was going to be so long but the time flew by and has been flying ever since.
Tell cute Tessie I like her preschool bag and name. I bet they love her there. She is so so cute. xoxo

Suzie Soda said...

I am so glad she liked it. And glad you survivied too.
How fun to have 2 1/2 hours of freedom. When Lindsay went to preschool I had 4 hrs then all day in kindergarten. It seemed like it was going to be so long but the time flew by and has been flying ever since.
Tell cute Tessie I like her preschool bag and name. I bet they love her there. She is so so cute. xoxo

Lorilee said...

that is one cute back-to-school outfit... oh, and one cute back-to-school little girl too.
what DID you do with all your free time?