Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Us


I love sharing a birthday with Tess. The attention that comes along with a birthday is very embarrassing for me, so Im happy to put the attention on her. Don't get me wrong, I love presents. This year I bought my self some good ones. Jordan got me a new saddle (thats a Fancy way of saying bike seat) for my bike. I can't wait to get out and ride. I had a fun day going out to lunch with new friends and the traveling Broadway play Fiddler on the Roof with some kind (and fun) friends the Barneys. I am so blessed to have so many great friends and family. I really appreciated all the gifts, texts, emails, calls, and facebook messages. I love you all and thank you for caring about me.

Tess had a great Birthday too. We celebrated with her friends the day before. Tess invited Abby, Evie, Brooke, Bridget, and Grace to come over for a Tea Party. The guest list and the theme were all her idea. Thursday, while I was at lunch, she got to go to "uncle Marc's" house with Great Grandma and Grandpa Romans and Great Aunt Susan to see his horses, chickens, dog and trampoline. They were so nice to take her and Maddox so I could go out with some friends. For her birthday dinner she wanted Pizza and pink ice cream. I said great! I didn't have to cook which is always a great present for me.





I can't believe my baby is three. All of a sudden Im realizing she isn't a baby. She makes us laugh everyday. she is cute and sweet but also a troublemaker. Just today, she drew all over her entire face with marker, including outlining her eyes. I found her in the bathroom trying wash off her hands with the cutest guilty look on her face. Then when went up stairs to get some different clothes, she was distracted by the toothpaste. I found her a different bathroom, chest and arms covered in toothpaste, trying to wash the sink off with A LOT of soap. But my heart melts when she sings every word of Once Upon A Dream in her best voice.


**Ellie gave me an awesome birthday card. She says the funniest things. not that she's trying to be funny, they just sound funny coming from a 9 year old. the card said "Dear Mom, You are rthe best mom in the word!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the things you do for us!! You should be so proud of your self! You definitly deserve to be a mom!! You Rock!"

2 comments:

Lis said...

Happy Birthday to you both! Such a cute party for Tess!

Suzie Soda said...

What a darling table and party. Glad you both had such a nice time...... 2 of my favorite girls. I love to hear these funny stories about the kids. xoxo