Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter






We had a great weekend celebrating Easter. It started Thursday evening when we attended the Mesa Temple Easter pageant. We had so much fun with our dear friends the Armstrong's ( I will try to add pictures of this later). The pageant was spectacularly amazing to look at but ( I really hate to say this) was not so great to listen too. I didn't love the music.


We also celebrated by dying Easter eggs and going out to dinner with the Armstrong's on Saturday. Saturday morning we participated in our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. Well, us girls did. Jordan and Maddox were on our wards father/son camp out.


Today was simple and lovely. After the kids found their baskets, we watched a few movies about Christ, went on a walk to the park and then had an impromptu testimony meeting. This was my favorite part. sitting on the soft grass under the shade of a big beautiful tree, with my favorite people in the whole world. Church was nice. Dinner was nice. the only part of the day that wasn't nice, was when Tess got bubble gum all over the front of her new dress. We were literally walking out the door to church when Jordan noticed it. Tess and I stayed home for about 20 minutes trying to get it out while the rest of the family went to church. After much trying and crying, we left for church in the bubble gum dress. Tess insisted since I had make such a big deal about how pretty all my girls looked in their matching pink dresses. I don't think many people noticed.


I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. For his love, his example, his sacrifice and for his mercy. I'm grateful for this Easter day and the chance to celebrate the fact that he lives.

Here is more about what I believe.http://www.lds.org and http://www.mormon.org

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Love this cute picture. And I love reading about your inpromptu testimony meeting...those are the best family times. We are so proud of your family and all the good things you are and do. Can totally picture the bublblegum incident. Greg got bluberry pie on his new golf shirt yesterday . He was sure it was ruined. I goggled it and found out vinegar takes it out....I washed it after the vinegar and it is brand new again.
Doesn't matter what age, you will be getting stains out for the rest of your life :) Love you all and miss you. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. xoxo

Rita Grider said...

I have the cutest grandkids in the world! I am so happy that you had such a wonderful day. All four of the kids looked darling. The gum incident made me laugh...and laugh. I love you all so so much.