Monday, March 22, 2010

Ellie's FIRST Solo



I titled this"Ellie's first solo" emphasis on first because, I'm sure it won't be her last. This past weekend, Ellie competed in a solo dance competition. She was so excited and only a little nervous. she is such a little performer. I think I was more nervous than she was. Her dance is a Jazz piece called "I'm going bananas". She did awesome and had so much fun. Which is all I cared about. BUT to make it all even more fun... she won FIRST place!!!! we are so proud of the hard work she put in preparing for this.


The next day she and Reagan had a team competition. All of their dances took first also. I will post pictures of these dances later. I didn't get very good ones this weekend, but we have more competitions coming up.

8 comments:

Lindsay Marie said...

Way to go Ellie! That is so awesome.

I am dying to see the performance! Good luck with the rest of the competitions.

Brooke Bowen said...

Taking after her momma! So cool!

Suzie Soda said...

Ellie...wow..wow. wow. I hope your mom video'd it so we can all see you. I know you were fabulous. Your yellow outfit is perfect for your song. Maybe you can do it is person when we come next time. Congrats.
Good job on all the hard work. We love you and miss you. Grandma Suzie and Grandpa Greg xoxoxo

Suzie Soda said...

Reagan..congrats on your competitons too. I can't wait to see you and Ellie dance next time we come.
Good job.

Hope to see you soon.

Love you and miss, you,

Grandma Suz and Grandpa Greg

Miki said...

See Jordan, it's worth the money. :-) Ellie looks darling! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Ellie, We are so proud of you and can't wait to see you when you are at Juan Diego. Reagan, we are so excited to come see you dance to. I think you both get your great talent from me. Ask your mommy...."Cecilia, your breakin my heart.....
We love you so much.

Unknown said...

So cute! How exciting! I bet she was amazing! She has such a darling personality! Taylor has been emailing Ellie. She was excited to see this! She checks everyday to see if she has written back.

Jordan and Shannon said...

Congratulations Ellie! I can just see you now gettin' your groove on with all the confidence in the world! Way to go! Keep dancin' yourself silly! (and working hard in school ;))
Mrs. Sorensen