Sunday, November 23, 2008

Maddox is 3


My little buddy Maddox had his third birthday this weekend. Saturday we had some of his friends over for a super hero party. It was his first real birthday party with friends. He loved it. I loved it. We had fun climbing through buses, tunnels and up rocks to rescue the stranded animals and people. The boys were awesome flying around the backyard and house in their supercapes (obviously homemade). Maddox's favorite super hero (lately) is Batman, so we had a batman cake. I was trying to put my few cake decorating skills to use since the only time I make cake is on birthdays.







I LOVE MADDOX! He is the best little boy anyone could ever ask for. Here a few reasons I love him.

*He tries so hard to be a gentleman. He always TRIES to open the doors for me and his sisters and helps me carry what he can.
*He is kind. His nursury teachers have told me that when a child is having a hard time, he is the first one to go see if they are ok and if he can cheer them up. He talks so sweetly to babies (especially baby girls. I think he may be prepping them for dating years) He has never had a hard time sharring anything.
*He has to have his room clean before he goes to bed. Every mothers dream!
*He loves all things boy. He loves playing cars, trucks, dinosours, soccer, superhero, football, spy etc.
*He loves to play with his sisters. He is so patient. He pretends to be anything they want... their boyfriend, their dog, their servant.
*He can't say his "s" or his "r " sounds. This makes for awesome words like "Fenca"(spencer) and "fidaman"(spiderman)
*He spontaniously tells me he loves me.
*He has awesome dance moves!
*He punches Jordan as hard as he can without warning. They're good punches!
*He likes to hang out with Jordan, and Jordan likes to hang out with him.

We love our little Maddog!

10 comments:

Kate said...

Cute! He's cute, the capes are cute, the cake is cute. You're cute!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures were amazing! I can't believe how fast he's growing. Your cake and capes were over the top awesome as well. Happy Birthday (yesterday?) Mad Dog. We adore you!

Love Aunt Chels

Annie said...

That cake was awesome! You are amazing. THe capes were too. Jack has refused to go to be without his batman mask. Thanks for doing it even though he was such a poo. I love that little Maddox too! He is the sweetest little boy.

Suzie Soda said...

Oh my gosh..he is so cute. Love the party idea and the cute capes and awesome cake. What a good mom to go to all this trouble. He is so sweet. I love that he likes to cuddle when were are there . A few times he would just scoot over on the couch and lean on me. I just love that. All your kids are so loveable.......a grandmother's dream. Especially when they see us so seldom. Maddog is going to be a lady killer. Keep your eye on him.....he may be romeo like his dad:) Love you all.....especially little Maddox on his BD.

Marci said...

He is very cute. Bryton just had a super hero pary this weekend too. Also I just realized that Maddox and Thyse will be in the same grade in school. Thats so strange - Thyse seems so much younger.

Audrey said...

What a cute little guy! He is going to be a real heartbraker. I loved the capes and the cake.

{Brittany} said...

Maddox is a sweetheart. What a cute post about him. I love the picture with the boys in their capes. So cute! I also love that Parker is the oldest boy and the shortest. Poor guy! Your cake turned out awesome. Those classes paid off. Okay, those are all my random thoughts. Happy Birthday, Maddox!

The Powells said...

how cute is that party?!?! and how handsome is maddox, really so darling!

Marissa said...

Maddox is hot stuff - get him and Fischer together in 15 years and they're gonna have chicks all over them. And that's when I get out the shotgun.
He's gonna be the best dad and husband growing up in a house full of girls (and I'm including Jordan w/all those girls!) Happy Bday Mad Dog!

Anonymous said...

Dear Maddox, You are my favorite superhero!! You are way better than spiderman and even Batman! I loved the pictures of you. I love you soooooooooooooooo much. Love,
Grammy