Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Woods Visit


The Woods: Dana, Chelsea, Chloe, Felix and Evie

Jordan's sister, Chelsea, and her family came to stay with us this weekend. They live in North Carolina so it was a big deal. All our kids are about the same age and love each other. They had so much fun together. We went to the park and to the splash park, and on Saturday we hiked to Timpanogas Cave. It is quite the hike. It's only about 1.5 miles, but its at least an 8% grade. Every one did great. Jordan had done the Ulcer bike race that morning (111 miles) and pretty much carried Maddox the whole way. The older kids walked the whole way with out any complaining. On the way down poor little Reagan's feet were really hurting, but she kept saying she could do it, but was limping. I finally convinced her that I could safely carry her on my back. I had Tess in the baby bjorn and she wasn't sure I could handle both. I can't believe she had doubts about my toughness!
We loved hanging out with the Woods. I wish we could convince all our family in Virginia and North Carolina to move to Utah. My kids miss all their cousins!

My family in the cave

The kids on the deck. They thought it was a great photo op.

5 comments:

The Powells said...

SHUT UP!!!!! melissa grider is that really you?!?! i just found you on heather watsons blog and im FREAKING OUT!! how are you? your family is beautiful, of course! i love blogging so i can find all you people that i just love! keep in touch melissa my friend.
Jenny Baich

Suzie Soda said...

What cute families.....are those my posterity? Glad you had fun and I wasn't on the hike slowing you all down. I did start swimming and it helps a little. xoxoxo

The Powells said...

we should have a reunion with the ol' drill teamers...it would be so funny!! yes lets for sure keep in touch. horray that i found you!!

Chelsea Wood said...

That Wood family is so adorable. Ha! We had a fab! time and love you guys so much. Thanks for the memories. You should post that our kids collectively wrote a book of short essays on how to respect their mothers :). Believe it or not, next to Timp, that was Felix's favorite part.

Love you, Liss. Thanks for posting!

Jay and Bec said...

Cute pics! I also finally finished the book! We need to get some girls together and have a chat about it!