There is no picture to go with this post. If there was it would be of me hanging my head in shame (ok I actually had to hold back the laughter when it happend).
So it's amazing the things that kids pick up on. Maddox has started saying the word "actually". After the first time he said it I started to notice how often I say it. He actually uses it correctly to ( See I have allready used it twice in this one post). He says things like "I want some pretzels, actually I want candy". He really said that exact thing today. Ellie says it alot to.
He has picked up another word from me ( I am not the only guilty one. Jordan says it more than me). The other day, Maddox and I were driving in a car and like an idiot I gave him a water bottle without a squirt top lid. He said he was so thirsty and I couldn't stand to here him ask for a drink of my water one more time. It was pretty much full. After about one drink he dropped it and said..."DAMN IT"!!!!!
I thought that if I didn't make a big deal out of it, he wouldn't say it again. I was wrong. He has said it several times since. Today I finally told him it"s a bad word. Hopefully he won't say it anymore. If he does, I am totally blaming it on his father. I really don't say it that much, but not long ago Reagan dropped her whole drink (not water) in my freshly cleaned car and I am pretty sure I said Damn it. It's not totally my fault. Jordan doesn't think the words "damn" or "hell" are swear words. Although there was a time in college that I didn't either (miki!)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
But you say it Mom
Posted by Jordan at 10:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
trevor doesn't think they are either....
haha, maddox is so darn cute that I don't think anyone could be offended by that. Too funny. I can't wait to see all of your kids again at the reunion.
That's so funny! When Brandon was little he called flies, "damn flies!" (copying his Grandma) Dax is starting to repeat what we say so I better be careful!
Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one with Romans Grandkids that cuss - the other day Fischer said, "Oh my hell gosh!" and Leo said, "Judas Priest!" At least they have personality, our kids will get along great at the reunion. :)
that is so funny. I love little things like that that kids say it just goes to show that they are just little carbon copies. Barret always thought it was cool to sware cause his grandpa did all the time:)
Tracy
There's just something that feels so good about letting out a good "damn it." Darn it just won't work. Thanks for the shout out to my bad habits. :-)
Melissa, Melissa, Melissa...I'm shocked!! Okay, not really. "Actually," now that you mention it, you do say that word a lot...I'm talking about "actually" not that other naughty word. I've never heard you swear! Definitely blame it on Jordan!
I wish that I could say that Damn is the only bad word that has ever come out of my child's mouth. It kinda sucks that they copy the things that they hear - and expose who we really are as parents!! Ha Ha.
Melissa...I am totally laughing. I remember getting in trouble at preschool becuase I said that same word. When the teacher asked me why I said it, I said because my mom says it. It was totally true! I had heard her say it a couple of time and just thought I would use it as well. I love being a parent! Your family is absolutely beautiful. I am glad I have found your blog. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment