We have moved out of our house and are now living in a Residence Inn in Tempe. Its been about a week and we have a week left to go. Its not that bad. The room in nice and clean. It has two bedrooms with king size beds and a pullout couch that we haven't had to pull out yet, the kids take turns sleeping on it like a couch and the other three sleep in the bed. Since Jordan has still been traveling, sometimes I have a kid in bed with me and no body is on the couch. Also, we have 2 bathrooms which has been really nice in the morning since the kids were still in school until Friday.
It's kinda a crazy story how we ended up in the residence inn. The company had rented us a furnished apartment in Chandler that was in a really nice area (farther from Mesa than I wanted but nice). The kids and I showed up there one night late after a long day of packing up our house to find 2 rooms with only 2 full size beds and no pullout couch. We slept there that night, but called the next morning to say it wasn't going to work for us, that we need a place for the 6 of us to sleep and that if necessary we would arrange to sleep in a hotel that night. Khadija, our contact for housing, was nice but as I learned through this process pretty incompetent. We did end up sleeping in a hotel in Scottsdale that night. Khadija couldn't seem to arrange anything or figure anything out in 12 hours. So the next morning I called her back and she still hadn't figured anything out. I gave her a couple suggestions and she ended up booking us at a residence inn in NORTH Scottsdale that was 50 minutes away from my kids school. She said there wasn't anything closer that would fit our family. So I called residence inn and they said they had plenty of rooms available at the residence inn in Tempe (that's only 20 minutes away from my kids school). this wasn't settled now, it took many more phone calls on my part to get this arranged. but I won't go into it, because its really not that interesting and I might get mean about Khadija. I should also mention that Jordan was totally no help with any of this. I had to move us from room to room to room to room all by myself. I was crying and so stressed out.
We only have one more week before we move to NC and its still so bitter sweet. I haven't said official good bye's to anyone because I know I'll just cry. But I am ready to not live in a hotel anymore, although the free breakfast has been really nice!
![]() |
| The movers were so nice and did a great job. Im SO grateful I didn't have to pack everything up! |


0 comments:
Post a Comment