Friday, April 12, 2013

Truth or Dare

Tonight Ellie invited some friends over from school to play games and have pizza.  For the first time, she invited boys!! She had Taft and Perry Cowley, Madeline Wood, Brinn Thornton, Afton , Jerom Schults, Grant Judd, Tyler  , and  Ammon Moritz over. They are all such good nice kids.  After playing out in our back yard for a bit, having some pizza, and playing just dance on the wii they headed to the park for night games. Since they are 11 and 12 I didn't want them there alone in the dark so I told them I was coming. Not one of them seemed to care. I was suprised. I took  a seat on a bench in the shadows so they wouldn't feel like I was watching their every move. after a minute they all came over and asked me which game they thought they should play.  again they didn't act like they cared I was there.  After a few games running around the park they wanted to play truth or dare and proceeded to sit about two feet behind the bench I was sitting on. I tried to give them a little privacy by listening to a book on my iPhone but they soon involved me.  Perry came and sat on my lap for one of her dares and then Grant came over sat beside me and them delivered the pretty smooth line "if you were a pirate would you put your parrot on this shoulder (tapping the shoulder closest to him) or this shoulder (tapping the other shoulder and ending up with his arm around me)?"  .  The kids thought that was soooo funny.  I did to.  These kids are so good an innocent and I love them. I hope Ellie and all my kids find a group of friends as good in NC. and that they stay this innocent and good forever.



0 comments: