Sunday, August 15, 2010

Visit to the mine

The picture below is of the view of Kennecots, Bingham Copper Mine from my front porch. Because its the largest open pit mine in the world, and its so close to our home, we thought we should go! Maddox had been asking every day for a week to go, and Tess was so excited. I think they both thought it would be a bit more exciting than it was.







We did have fun and learn a lot about mining in general and the Bingham mine. I was ready to leave when the kids asked to visit the gift shop. I said no, Jordan said yes. He said he was always sad when he was a kid and wasn't allowed to go into the gift shop. so we went in. then the kids asked to buy something. Jordan said no, I said yes. How can you tell a kid they can go into the gift shop and not buy something. They all found a treasure to take home (with a price limit), the kind of treasure that will be lost or thrown away in a week. Im not sure what the point of that tangent was. I'll sum up by saying, if you haven't visited the Bingham Copper mine, you should.

0 comments: