Ellie was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints on saturday. Jordan was able to baptize her. She had been looking forward to being baptized for years. Sadly, it didn't turn out quite as she imaginged. Although the program was nice, we had so many family members and friends there to support Ellie and she looked darling, she was totally sick. She had a really high fever, headache, burning eyes and all the body aches and chills that go along with a fever. She was miserable but really tried to be tough. She fell asleep the second we got home and didn't get out of bed until sunday evening. I had been holding back tears all morning thinking of the moment, but once it was actually hear, all I almost missed it worrying about how she felt and getting back to her fast enough so she wouldn't be freezing in the bathroom.
I am so proud of Ellie for making the deciscion to be baptized. She really understands its importance, the covenant she made and what a blessing it is. She amazes me. More often than not, she seems much older than eight.
I hope despite her being sick, she will look back on her baptism with fondness.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Ellie's Baptism
Posted by Jordan at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Well she does not look sick in that beautiful picture of her in her white dress. She is so pretty and I LOVE that dress. I love that it is simple and elegant and cute without all the frills and silk. I am glad she is better now poor thing.
She is so cute! It has been forever since I saw her last. She has grown up so pretty!
I love that dress too! It is perfect. How lovely. Glad you had a nice day.
She is so beautiful..and so grown up. Congrats.
I have never known anyone so excited to be baptized. I was so sad she was so sick, but so proud to have such a perfect angel for a granddaughter. Oh I love her soooo much. Grammy
First of all, can't believe you have an 8yr old and second---you look amazing as usual and it was so great to see you the other night! Thanks for coming to help embarass me!:)Your lil family is so dang cute---keep in touch!:)
AHH, she looks beautiful, you would never even know she was sick! Congrats cute Ellie!
I can't wait for a post with the July 4 Stadium of Fire pictures. I was so glad I could be at Ellie's baptism....but so sorry she was sick. Miss you all. xoxoxo
Post a Comment