My youngest brother, Spencer, returned from his mission for our church on Wednesday. He was serving in El Salvador. My dad was able to go pick him up and see a little of what it was like. He used the words "scary" and "poor" a lot in his description of his time there. Spencer used the word awesome. My dad did say it was really beautiful. We are so HAPPY he is home and are so proud of the missionary he was.
We went to the airport Wednesday night about 11:00 to greet him. My kids were so excited, one, to be out so late at night, and two, to see Spence (not necessarily in that order). We lived with my parents while we were building out house so they were able to spend a lot of time with him before he left.
He seems fairly normal. He was really quiet Wednesday, but said it was because his words kept wanting to come out in Spanish. understandable. Thursday morning he had to get up and start school at the University of Utah. Saturday he starts teaching tennis again at the Cottonwood club. He has been thrown back into real life, which in a way, is a good thing.
Grandpa looks so proud!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Welcome Home Spence!!!
Posted by Jordan at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Tell him welcome home. I know your mom is so happy. Love that picture of Grandpa Grider looking at him. Reminds me of Clayton coming into the RIC airport when we were all there.....seems so long ago. Boy nothing like getting back into the swing the next morning.
so exciting!!! he looks so happy
Awesome! I can't wait for that day with my parents!-- I love all of your other posts too! We've told our kids the same about Lagoon, we still haven't kept that promise. Oops. Looked like fun.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! One of the most perfect moments you can have as a mother. I have not let him out of my sight or my arms since he came home. Thanks for doing this great blog. I love it. Mom
The day your brother came home from his mission was the same day that we took our son to the MTC. I am so proud of him but it is much harder than I ever expected! I love the picture of your family all holding the sign at the airport. Only 727 days till I get to do that! :)
Post a Comment