Sunday, April 20, 2008

Time Flies

It has almost been three weeks since Tess was born. We LOVE her. She so sweet and fun. I just want to hold her all the time. I don't want her to get bigger yet. She weighed 7 lbs 1 oz at her two week check up.
We have had a couple of small issues. She had blood in her stool and the nurse practitioner at the pediatric practice I go to, said I had to go off dairy and soy. I had to rent a hospital grade breast pump, buy really expensive formula, and pay the NP. $140 dollars later, her stools were back to normal. The next week I went to the doctor for her two week checkup. He said she didn't have a problem with dairy, that her bowls were not bleeding, (it was my blood in her stool). I was so mad (and relieved).I had been the NP before and didn't really like her and a friend of mine had a bad experience with her as well. I have been back on dairy for almost a week and her stools are still normal. Yea!

Also, getting her pictures takes was quite a task. I had to take her to the photographer 3 times. There was something about the place that made her wake up and not go back to sleep. I have two week old pictures of my other kids that I love. They are sleeping and naked and so cute. I really wanted to get one of Tess that matched. I think the photographers thought I was too picky (it wouldn't be the first time) but I wanted a great picture not a "pretty cute" picture. By the end, I just wanted one of her with her eyes closed. I got ONE. Of all the pictures they took over the three different sessions, there was one picture that I thought was OK. Maybe I will love it when I see it in person instead of on a computer.


Tess's fist nap in her crip istead of the packnplay


I love when babies strech.

4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I can't believe that whole thing.....crazy...but I am glad you can get back to normal now. She is so sweet...we can't wait to see her. Love to all.

Nicole said...

oh she is so cute!!!

Jenni said...

Melissa- I am so embarassed I havent been by yet. I have a gift for Tessa.

Marissa said...

CUTE! I think she looks like regan...
BTW - if you'd like to drop me some hints on what you want for Tess, I"m all ears. I want to get you what YOU want, even if that means a pedicure for you. :)