I LOOOOOOOVE Lake Powell. I was so excited to bring all my kids to this place. It holds so many amazing childhood memories. I love everything about it. The gross fish at the dock, getting treats at the marina, the huge cliffs and the long winding canyons, long boat rides and staring at the cliffs wondering if Indians used to live in them. I love family swims and finding shade to have lunch. I love the hot hikes and feeling like your the only one on the lake Then theres the skiing and wake boarding and tubing that totally wears me out now that I'm old. I was so happy to see my kids experience all of it and so happy that they loved it too.
This Lake Powell trip was special for a lot of reasons but one of the biggest was a spiritual one for me. I wanted this trip to be so great for my kids. So when the weather forecast said thunder, lightening and rain storms all weekend I was so sad. I had just read a book and seen a movie (17 miracles) about pioneers. The faith they had and the miracles they experienced inspired me and I prayed with more faith than I had in a long time. My prayers were answered. The weather was great. We had moments overcast and even a few mild showers. The sky around us was filled with huge dark clouds, but we always seemed to be in the sunshine. Each evening, after everyone had had a chance to do what they wanted to do, we were able to get off the lake before the lightening and huge rain rolled in. I really had a prayer of thanks in my heart the whole time. I was so happy to see the Joy in my kids faces enjoying Lake Powell. I truly felt connected to my Father in heaven in such a beautiful place that he created, surrounded by people I love so much. He answered my prayers.
0 comments:
Post a Comment