Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Maddox and Tess Ride Around the Block

I wish I had a picture for this. Actually, I wish I had seen it at all.  Last evening, Maddox and Tess disapeared for a while.  I sent Reagan to see if they were had gone to the park by themselves. (all of the sudden Maddox thinks he's really old and can go anywhere in the neighborhood he wants without asking).  turns out they didn't go to  the park, but went on a bike ride.  Maddox was giving Tess a pump on his bike.  He had her sit on the middle bar and put her feet on the pegs on the front tire. They both thought it was great at first, but I guess Tess's thighs were rubbing on the bar and her the inside of her calves were rubbing on the tires.  They got about half way around the block when Tess teared up.  Maddox thought the best idea would be for him to peddle home really fast to get it over with.  He tried to reassure Tess that she was tough and to think how cool Grady (her "boyfriend") will think it is.  I guess it worked because she wasn't crying when I finally saw her as she came waddling into the house, despite have red/raw inner thighs and scraped and bleeding calves. 

Since Maddox started kindergarten, Tess and Maddox haven't played together as much. Im was so happy for them to be enjoying each other without me forcing them to play together.  Although Maddox got in trouble for riding around the block with out telling me, I was so glad to see him looking out for his little sister and amazed that he is big enough to give her a pump on his bike. 

0 comments: